Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Space of Love



Whatever appears in the moment
is for my awakening!
Seng-ts'an, the Third Chinese Patriarch said: 

"The Great Way is not difficult for those not attached to preferences.
When neither love nor hate arises,
all is clear and undisguised.
Separate by the smallest amount, however,
and you are as far from it as heaven is from earth.

If you wish to know the truth,
then hold to no opinions for or against anything.
To set up what you like against what you dislike
is the disease of the mind."

Even the slightest preference results 
in separation.  If I prefer one moment over another,
one emotional state over another,
one thought over another, or
one set of circumstances over another,
then I have lost my equanimity. 
I have entered the divisive world of comparison!

It's all equal!  It's all God!  It's all love!
If I'm feeling sadness and I label my experience:
"I am missing Bucky",
then I am not being present with myself! 
I have abandoned me!  No wonder I feel sad!
I've left my sweet self and preferred
a different reality with someone else.
In essence, I am saying, "This reality I'm experiencing
with myself isn't good enough!"
And that's the lie!

This reality is perfect.  Who I am, love-awareness, is
perfect with or without someone else present.
My well being is not dependent on anything external.
I am that which includes everything...
The Space of Love!


Every time I think some other place 
is where I want to be...
I miss where I am!
Right here... right now...
I am home!
Can I just rest in this?

 
"When no discriminating attachment arises,
the old mind ceases to exist!"
~3rd Patriarch









No comments:

Post a Comment